Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review- Forbidden Surrender

Title- Forbidden Surrender
Author- Priscilla West
Pages- 102 (ebook)
Rating- 2.3 out of 5
Companion/Sequel/Other- Book 1 in Forever Series, Book 1 following Vincent and Kristen


Goodreads Synopsis- The minute I saw Vincent Sorenson, I knew he was trouble. Billionaire. Bad boy. And dangerously sexy. He was everything I craved, and nothing I needed.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t just avoid him. The higher ups at my company decided they needed his business, and I was on the team to bring him in. Vincent Sorenson didn’t seem as interested in business as he was in me, but I knew that was a door better left unopened. If I got involved with him, it would only unearth the pain I spent years trying to bury.


This book is the first book following Vincent and Kristen in the Forever Series. 

Characters-
Kristen is a Harvard graduate and a wealth manager. She has traveled to South Africa for a meeting to get the business of Vincent Sorenson. Kristen is smart but at the same time indecisive. She jumps to a lot of conclusions before getting the story.  Kristen definitely has some secrets that she wants to keep.

Vincent is a self made billionaire. He is also full of tattoos and has some piercing, which we find out early on. Vincent is the go getter type. When he wants something he will everything to get it. He is very charming and relentless, as well as a thrill seeker.

Overall-
This story was very short. I didn't feel that connected to the main character, and Kristen kind of annoyed me. She starts off saying "no we can't do this" and the next second they're all on each other. It just felt so rushed, that I couldn't really feel a connection. 

Like I said, this story was very short, but it did end on somewhat of a cliff hanger which made me begin the second story. I plan to read the last book just to see what happens. 


Favorite Quotes 
“You’re Romeo and I’m Juliet. If we get together, bad things will happen.”
“What kind of guy do you think I am?”
“A dangerous one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment